OKAY. I NEED TO CLEAR SOMETHING. I didn’t even want to do this post this week. On Tuesday I was thinking about it (let’s just pause on the fact that it was only Tuesday when I declared this) and I said to myself “This week sucks. I won’t have anything to put in my H5FF and I don’t even care. Humph.”
Is it clear where I was at?
It was a bad place.
I’m trying to portray it as best as possible.
And yes I realize I was basically manifesting the rest of my week to play out poorly but I didn’t care.
Now, to be fair, a lot of people I’ve talked to have been feeling this same sort of way. Grumpy for no reason and unable to pull themselves out of it. I’m blaming the full moon from Sunday which I think is somewhat legit because the full moon always makes shit crazy. Seriously.
So by the time Wednesday morning came around (I didn’t want to get out of bed, I was running late to work and nearly had to attend a 9AM meeting uncaffeinated…danger) I was seriously mad – but mostly at myself for not being able to just get over it. Then – as I stood on the street corner waiting for the bus, the coffee gods answered my prayers in the form of a beautiful Starbucks angel who was offering passerbys complimentary Tall Blondes (the coffee! Guys…). So I took my sweet java and I decided in that moment that it was time to turn this week around. And so I did.
But obviously this is about more than just coffee. It’s about being in choice (guess what – you choose your mood!). And it was a great reminder that it’s weeks like these that my H5FF post is the most important because it forces me to focus on the awesome stuff. So without further ado, here’s what made this week awesome – and yes the coffee definitely made the cut.
1. ALT was incredible but there’s nothing like coming home to your own bed. Know what I mean?
2. Finding this little gem on the world wide web. We made it our soul mission to hit every photobooth as a threesome and I think this shot is my fave.
3. I felt like I hadn’t seen/spoke to Tiff for 10 weeks so this catch up brunch was incredible. It helps that the food was awesome. (You ought to hit up Fable next time you’re in town!)
4. Free coffee – see above anecdote. It saved me.
5. Heather is here! Heather is here! ‘Nuff said.
Anyone else feel the effects of the full moon? (Do I sound like a total crazy person?) PS. Check out my first Vine Video!