THIS WEEK ROCKED. Like really rocked. It was busy but it was awesome. I actually think sitting here writing this post is the first time all week that I’ve been able to sit and enjoy a little down time. The thing is though I hate saying I’m busy. I read an article a bit ago in the NYtimes about “busy” and ever since then I try to avoid saying it. You should actually read the article because it’s awesome but this sentence here pretty much sums up why I hate saying it now: “Busy is, pretty obviously, a boast disguised as a complaint.”. So true, right? I’ll admit it – busy makes me feel important. What I really need to figure out is how to balance the things I’m busy with… How to manage not biting off more than I can chew.
Alas – my busy week was also probably one of my best weeks (cue the boast disguised as a complaint) so here are the 5 things I’m most pumped about from this week.
1. GOLD CUTLERY. OMG. I’ve wanted this flatware from West Elm forever but I couldn’t justify it’s steep price tag. I allowed myself to buy some terrible Ikea cutlery for $4.99 (which BTW is cheaper than buying plastic forks if you could imagine that!) and figured I’d make that work til I found what I was looking for. After searching high and low (and coming up empty handed) I kept thinking about those dainty gold stems. With a little convincing from my friend, Alexis (who BTW I had an incredible Saturday with) and the promise of a 25 year warranty, I decided it was worth it to bite the bullet since I knew eventually I was going to drop the dough on them anyway. I got to say every bite is just a little bit sweeter with these guys in my life. (I’m crazy. I know).
2. Getting to see this guy was such a treat. Adam is one of my oldest pals and he was visiting Vancouver on business. I spent all of Sunday taking him on a pub crawl through the city. I don’t remember much other than I had a ridiculous amount of fun. I’ll leave it at that.
3. Sunshine. Windows down. Driving Solo. Whistler-bound. No better way to spend a hungover day at work than by belting Taylor Swift driving up the Sea To Sky. The whole 1.5 hour ride I just kept thinking to myself – how is this my life? How is this my view?
4. Wednesday night volleyball is quickly turning into my favourite night of the week. My team is ridiculous and incredibly fun. The setting doesn’t hurt either.
5. Went for my first run in my new hood and had yet another “is this real life?” moment when I remembered I could run past palm trees. Oh, Canada. You amaze me.